Adventurous experience of SiChuan taste at Xiao La Jiao ~❤

Hearing the name "Xiao La Jiao", make me hungry. I am a lover for spicy food. I had always wanted to try Sichuan food but my friends dont really take the spicyness. 

Xiao La Jiao is one of the many restaurants under CreativeEATeries

Xiao La Jiao's bold Sichuan menu promises a casual dining experience comprising hot favourites from China's extra spicy province. So famed is the cuisine of Sichuan, that its capital, Chengdu was the first Asian city to win a UNESCO listing as a City of Gastronomy in 2011. With Sichuan cuisine gaining significant momentum in large cities like Beijing, Shanghai and even London.




Look so yummy on the poster already.. *Drools*


Let begin the Sicuan adventure with a empty tummy..


Pig’s Ear Slices with Spicy Sauce

This is why I called this dinner as an adventure. I was taken aback for awhile when I was told that this was pig ear. I am not a very big fan of pork and I am not really adventurous in my food. I dont dare to try out this dish but according to the other bloggers, it was yummy and does not taste like pig ear. 



  Husband & Wife Beef Offal with Spicy Sauce

This is another dish that I don't dare to try as I don't eat internal organs of any animal. I feel dam gross eating internal organs. 

Lucky, the following up dishes are more normal .. 


   Sichuan Wontons with Spicy Sauce

I love the spicy sauce , it goes amazing well with the wontons. The wontons are smooth and filled with meat. 


 Camphor & Tea Smoked Duck

This is one of my most favorite dish of the night. I simply fell in love with the Camphor & Tea Smoked Duck. It took the chef 26 hours to smoke it in order to get the tenderness and flavor out. This is the most tender and yummy duck I had ever ate.  I dont think you are able to find the same taste and tenderness in any other restaurants. 


Rainbow Dumpling

The rainbow dumpling was all so pretty. Each color had a different inner filling and the skin tasted different too. You can either have it in rainbow color or your favorite color dumpling only.


Sichuan Guo Tie

This was the most juicy and yummy guo tie I had ate. You can simply drip out almost a spoonful of soup out of the guo tie. The skin was thin and crispy.


 Sichuan Fish Slices with Pickled Greens

It tasted like our normal picked green soup. However, the slight spiciness after taste made it amazing nice. I cant help drinking the soup. The fish was tender and yummy too. 


  Pork Strips in Sweet Bean Sauce

This is a hands-on dish. You are to wrap the pork strip with in the beancurd skins. Roll Roll ~  This is perfect for people who cannot take spicyness. 


Cabbage with Rich Broth

The cabbage had adsorbed all the rich broth making it yummy. 


Ge Le Shan ‘La Zi’ Chicken

La zi chicken seem to be the highlight of SiChuan dish. It seem to be introduce in alot of SiChuan travel show. Finally, I get to taste it. It looks super spicy. When you 1st put the chicken in your mouth, you dont feel the spicyness and numbness. But dont be too happen, it will come out as you chew. The chicken was super fragrant and I just cant stop popping it into my mouth. Perfect dish to go with beer. 


Sichuan Ma Po Tofu

I love this !! I can eat down the whole plate of the Mapo tofu. The toufu was soft and nicely flavored with the sauce. Irresistible and a definite Must Try !!  Rice please !!! 


  Sichuan Waxed Pork Soup

Something light to end of the favorable meal. The soup is clear and light with the taste of the ham and beancurd skin.



Sichuan Pumpkin Pancake

The pumpkin pancake taste like mochi.. Chewy and yum yum



Mixed Sugar Guo Kui

It tasted like man tuo with lotus paste. Sweet and yumm. 


Wonderful bloggers who make the night more amazing and fun 


Xiao La Jiao

112 East Coast Road

#03-05 
112 Katong
Singapore 428802

Website : Xiao La Jiao

Opening Hr : 1200pm - 0930pm




Food : 
Service :
Overall Rating : 

Share:

0 Comments