Almond Biscotti ~❤

I had been cracking my brain think of what should I bake for my boyfriend as part of his birthday present.Chocolate cookies , Peanut Butter cookies was too common and i had bake for him before.I was browsing through my cousin's facebook and came across the almond biscotti that she had recently baked. I decided to give it a try.


Biscotti are twice bake biscuits that originated from a city, Prato from Italy.This biscults are oblong-shaped almond biscuits, made dry and crunchy through cutting the loaf of dough while still hot and fresh from the baking in the oven.

It does not turn out great at first. I went through couple of tries before I successfully baked the Almond biscotti.

Here my experiences when baking : 

First try : The Almond biscotti turn out too thin in width. I have problem cutting it up as it tends to break into small pieces. Also due to my carelessness , I overlooked the timing and I get the whole batch burnt during the second batch. 

Second try : Everything turn out well. However, I am unable to get the thinly slices of Almond biscotti. Other than that, I had added too little almonds into the dough. I ended up unable to get the nice almond marbled on each slices. 

Final try : I went to Daiso to get the bread serrated knife. It really works perfectly. I am able to get the thickness of the Almond biscotti that I wanted. (*The thickness of the Almond biscotti can be depend on each individuals) With the extra almonds added, I am able to get the pretty look on each Almond biscotti. 

Overall, It is a pretty easy recipe that give you great biscuits. 


Here the recipe :  

Indgrdients:

❤  1 cup of caster sugar 
❤  2 cups of self-raising flour
❤  2 eggs
❤  1/2 tsp baking powder 
❤  300g of almonds
❤  1/2 tsp Almond Essence
❤  1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract 

Methods: 

❤ Preheat oven to 170 degree celsius. Line large baking tray with baking paper.
❤ Place sugar, eggs, almonds essence and vanilla extract in a large bowl.Mix it well,beat till thick.
❤ Fold in flour,baking powder and almonds, then use your hand to lightly knead the dough until       smooth.
❤ Divide the dough into half. Form into 2 long logs about 25cm x 5cm wide and place it on the baking paper. Bake the dough for 25 minutes until the dough is firm to touch and golden brown
❤ Remove it from oven and set aside to cool
❤ Preheat oven to 140 degree celsius
❤ Once the dough is cool, use a serrated knife to cut the log into slices.
❤ Line slices flat on the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.Make sure both side are all golden brown.
❤ Leave it to cool completely and it is ready to be serve

Share:

0 Comments