Vegetarian Korean Bibimbap~❤

Korean food had always be my favorite food. I never fails to fall in love with the rich flavors of the food.Bibimbap is one of many favorite dishes.

Bibimbap is a signature Korean dish , which mean " mixed meal " or " mixed rice". Bibimbap is served as a bowl of warm rice topped with rain

bow vegetables and gochujang. Egg and meat is also added to the dish, to give it a more balance diet and a richer feel. The Rainbow colors of the dish will already make you drool.

Personally , I prefer "Dolsot Bibimbap". " Dolsot Bibimbap " is served in a hot stone bowl. Before the rice is places in the bowl, the bottom of the bowl is coated with sesame oil, making the layer of rice touching the bowl golden brown and crisp. However , in my family only me and my dearest boyfriend enjoy korean food. Therefore, i didnt went to buy the stone pot ! I think i shall purchase it soon !

Since is our favourite food. I decided to cook my own bibimbap for me and my boyfriend. I did a bit of addition into the recipe. You will be able original recipe at THE KITCHN.

Here my only version. You will realise in the picture the quantity of the ingredient is different from my reciepe. I made extra ingredient for my family.


Vegetarian Korean Bibimbap

Makes 2 portions

Ingredients :

1/2 cucumber,shredded
1/2 carrot , shredded
1 firm toufu
1 cup of bean sprouts
2 cup of spinach leaves
1 cup of corn
1 cup of shiitake mushroom
4 vegetarian hotdog
2 slice of vegetarian ham
Toasted sesame seeds
2 cups cooked rice
2 egg
Gochujang (red pepper paste)
Sesame oil
Vegetarian oyster sause

Preparations :

~ Tofu:
Rinse and drain tofu.
Cut into 1/2-inch thick strips and place between clean kitchen towels (or paper towels).
Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a pan and fry tofu, turning once, until golden.

~ Bean Sprouts:
Blanch in a pot of salted boiling water, just until wilted.
Plunge into ice water to stop cooking, then drain and squeeze out excess water.
Mix in a small bowl with 1 teaspoon sesame oil, a pinch of salt


~ Spinach:
Blanch in a pot of salted boiling water, just until wilted and bright green.
Plunge into ice water to stop cooking, then drain and squeeze out excess water.
Mix in a small bowl with 1 teaspoon sesame oil, a pinch of salt

~ Corn :

Blanch in a pot of boiling water

~ Shiitake mushroom :

Rinse and dry shiitake mushroom.
Cut into small slices .
Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a pan and fry.
Season with vegetarian oyster sause.
Fry till frangance.

~ Hotdog and Ham :

Cut into 1/2-inch thick strips.
Toast in in a toaster ( healtier choice )
or
Fry it using a tablespoon of sesame oil

~ Egg :

Fry the egg in sunny side up style


To serve:

Place a cup of rice into your bowl.
Place the egg on top of the rice.
Arrange the rest of the ingredient as desire.
Sprinkler toasted sesame seeds on to it.








Share:

0 Comments